From RC Helicopter Wiki
Model turbine helicopters are still somewhat of a rarity, but the turbines and kits are now more easily available. As well as dedicated turbine airframes, conversions are available to fit a turbine into airframes not intended for turbine usage.
Turbine operation requires extra safety precautions because of the high temperatures and energy contained in a running engine.
- Conversions by RC Turbine Helicopters (UK);
- Century Predator conversions;
- Align T-Rex 700 conversion;
- Jetcat Hotcat;
- Vario XLV turbine.
- Other Vario mechanics, some turbine;
- Bergen Intrepid Turbine & others;
- Scalecopter SD900 and Zyclone;
- AirStar International JetCopter SX;
- RcRotorTech Zealous pod and boom and LongRanger scale models (Australia).
For turbine suppliers, see turboshaft.
- Wren-powered turbine helicopter on YouTube.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus